5.10.2013

Keepin' it Real(ly Appropriate)


Have you ever noticed how people never seem completely happy with their age and maybe, to a larger extent, happy with who they are? (That's a whole other issue, though) I notice this a lot among fashion bloggers through the way we all dress. While Madonna dressed twenty years younger, fashion bloggers dress twenty years older. And if we don't dress older, many dress to get pageviews.

Pageviews. The delicious, sweet nectar ever blogger wants to enjoy that not many get a large chance to try. So many bloggers sacrifice their style and voice in order to play to what seems to be popular in the here and now.



Wow, so youthful. Like a fairy in a dewy grove.

What I've noticed recently is that many bloggers are tired of the typical. They want a different opinion or a different style which doesn't age someone into retirement (I'm looking at you, Pink Peonies). That said, it's all about personal preference. Some people like pencil skirt, chiffon blouse, and heels every day and that's great to rock if you truly like what you're wearing. But if that's not your true style and you're going to class dressed like that everyday, you turn into 60% of other bloggers.

To sum this up, not every blogger is going to have super unique style. I acknowledge that I dress cute but I wouldn't get anywhere if I didn't allow my voice to show through my posts. No one is going to remember the girl who dresses in pencil skirts every day unless they have mad style or a sassy, unique voice. Aging up does not mean increasing your hits.

Sorry for blinding you.



Note- I keep posting these since GFC will be obsolete soonish. Twitter and Bloglovin' are both great ways to keep up with me so, please, check them out.

9 comments :

  1. I don't think anyone should dress different just to get page views. I have never cared about that, nor will I ever. My blog is to showcase my style, no matter how cute or ugly or fancy or frumpy it might be! I'm glad you feel the same way. Oh, and I love that little peplum top!

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you. When people dress in a way to get pageviews it's totally obvious. And thank you - can't believe it was 15 bucks!

      Delete
  2. yay aging doesn't mean stop being stylish
    check outmy blog?/follow each other
    jessillesilv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty much in the same predicament as you. Here's to staying true to ourselves though!

    x Jess

    http://ihateaverage.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i absolutely love your top! it's so cute
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is truth! love it. I have to dress for work so I try to pull of the pencil skirt/chiffon look sometimes but that's sooo not me. I enjoy posting me truly its fun for people to see average people in the blog world too!!

    adore that shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a simple, clean look. We love it! Those oxfords are really cute as well.

    Best to you dear! x http://chictrends.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like the peplum top. Gorg!

    xoxo Gozika
    http://gozikasjournal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great details on this top - the peplum style and the eyelet-style fabric. Great outfit. Thanks for sharing!

    City Style and Living The Editors Notebook | Instagram

    ReplyDelete